Topic: Genuinely disappointed for the first time

I tried to buy a domain through Hosting24, and was told my domain was processing. After just a few hours I got an email telling me my domain was ready and setup and that the nameservers were already pointed correctly. Having logged into my domain manager it still showed as pending. I asked 3 different agents on live chat who all told me that the domain was still registering and that no one could register it before them so I should just wait.
I waited nearly three days. and only then told to 'start a new ticket' after which I get a response an hour later.
Turns out the domain had been registered before Hosting24, their email didn't even have a sorry or any apology of any sort.
Just an 'unfortunately your domain was already registered', no compensation for wasting my 3 days or anything!

I am genuinely frustrated and quite angry at the low level of care from Hosting24 and am now seriously considering moving away from them...

Re: Genuinely disappointed for the first time

We apologize for the inconvenience. What was the domain name in question?

www.midcroft.com

Having checked your domain, it seems it has been registered way back on March 20th. There must have been a bug with our domain checker.  I understand you have been refunded already for the purchase. Once again, we apologize for mishandling this situation.