1 (edited by XP 2013-06-18 09:25:32)

Topic: Questions about VPS

Hi,

How're you today?

I've several questions about VPS.

1. VPS plan included the WHM Manager right? Means I can sell cPanel accounts to my clients right? Since so, if I buy VPS 1x package, the bandwidth limit is 1000GB. If I provide my client with an unlimited plan, then my client have a very famous site, as famous as... TechCrunch. Then he used more than 10k GB of bandwidth (example). But my VPS limit is only 1000GB. Will it still count? Or the limit only count for me? Or the limit count for every user must not have more than 1000GB? Or it count for everything including me total must not be more than 1000GB?

2. Once I purchased VPS, will there be files limits and can provide illegal contents or something that against Hosting24 Terms?

3. At VPS package x8, I saw there 8 dedicated IP. Does it mean that my site will have 8 dedicated IP Address for me? or it mean that I can provide 7 clients dedicated IP address?

4. If I have 20 clients want dedicated IP address, but hosting24 maximum is only 8 dedicated IP address total. Where can I purchase more?

5. If my site is very famous, as famous as Hosting24.  x8 package is not enough, can I purchase 2 VPS or more VPS then connect them together into one?

6. What are the differences between Centos 32  bit and Centos 32 bit with preinstalled cPanel WHM (trial and Centos 64 bit and Centos 64 bit with preinstalled cPanel WHM (trial)?

a. What are the benefits or disadvantage of the bit? (32 and 64)
b. Why some have trial and some no trial? There must be a reason right?

7. What is hostname for?

8. What is connection for? http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/scree … -52302.png

Thanks,
Mai

2 (edited by cata 2013-06-20 09:29:06)

Re: Questions about VPS

1. Currently Hosting24 sell cPanel ready VPS'es (with cpanel/whm 32bit or 64bit preinstalled automatically). The free license is valid for 15 days, after which you would need to purchase the cPanel license. VPS can be used for any such reason, it is your virtual private server where you can run a web hosting server, game server or any other kind service that you would need. It is not a good idea to not set a specific cap for resources on a limited VPS. One client can only use in an abusive manner more than 10k GB of bandwidth. Regular site use less than 10 GB per month. VPS bandwidth count for everything including you. If you exceed the specified VPS bandwidth I think you will be warned first. If incident will not be resolved or any violation will occur in future by the same VPS, Hosting24 may suspend your VPS.

2. VPS services has no limits that apply to shared hosting including CPU limit, files limits etc. Illegal content is not allowed on Hosting24 servers

3. You have 8 dedicated IP addresses. I recommend you use one IP address for your website and two-four IP addresses for nameservers. However, you are free to use the IP addresses for any purpose.

4. Currently you can't order additional IPs.

5. Yes, you can purchase 2 VPS or more VPS then connect them together into one.

6. Hosting24 have several operating system templates with preinstalled software. You can chose Centos with/without preinstalled cPanel WHM.

a. 32/64 bit refers to the width of registers, memory addressing space, etc. One benefit is the abiliity to address more than 4GB of memory. Google and Wikipedia have articles about 32/64-bit computing with more details.

b. OS with no trial means that are not compatible with cPanel WHM.

7. You can choose a Hostname for your VPS at VPS's choice.

8. 100 Mb/s port. ~12.5 Mb/s

cata wrote:

1. Currently Hosting24 sell cPanel ready VPS'es (with cpanel/whm 32bit or 64bit preinstalled automatically). The free license is valid for 15 days, after which you would need to purchase the cPanel license. VPS can be used for any such reason, it is your virtual private server where you can run a web hosting server, game server or any other kind service that you would need. It is not a good idea to not set a specific cap for resources on a limited VPS. One client can only use in an abusive manner more than 10k GB of bandwidth. Regular site use less than 10 GB per month. VPS bandwidth count for everything including you. If you exceed the specified VPS bandwidth I think you will be warned first. If incident will not be resolved or any violation will occur in future by the same VPS, Hosting24 may suspend your VPS.

2. VPS services has no limits that apply to shared hosting including CPU limit, files limits etc. Illegal content is not allowed on Hosting24 servers

3. You have 8 dedicated IP addresses. I recommend you use one IP address for your website and two-four IP addresses for nameservers. However, you are free to use the IP addresses for any purpose.

4. Currently you can't order additional IPs.

5. Yes, you can purchase 2 VPS or more VPS then connect them together into one.

6. Hosting24 have several operating system templates with preinstalled software. You can chose Centos with/without preinstalled cPanel WHM.

a. 32/64 bit refers to the width of registers, memory addressing space, etc. One benefit is the abiliity to address more than 4GB of memory. Google and Wikipedia have articles about 32/64-bit computing with more details.

b. OS with no trial means that are not compatible with cPanel WHM.

7. You can choose a Hostname for your VPS at VPS's choice.

8. 100 Mb/s port. ~12.5 Mb/s

Hello,

Thanks for the response, it's very helpful ^_^ But I still have question.

Why nameservers need IP Address? What is the benefits for putting IP Addresses to nameservers? If don't put what will happen? How to use nameservers' IP Address?

Many thanks,
Mai

4 (edited by cata 2013-06-26 19:50:41)

Respectfully, if you ask these questions you should go back to shared hosting... you will end up spending more time learning to run a VPS than making your site work.

Search on Google about DNS.

cata wrote:

Respectfully, if you ask these questions you should go back to shared hosting... you will end up spending more time learning to run a VPS than making your site work.

Search on Google about DNS.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. smile Hehe, I'll use Reseller Hosting. My Hosting24 Reseller Hosting Business plan monthly pricing is nearly same as Hosting24 Gold plan monthly price big_smile

Best regards,
Mai

Hey,

I still have question. I've seen my brother connect an online desktop, I asked him and he said that's.... server which he rented.

So, is it possible to make online desktop with VPS? I've found out the name of it, it called RDP. Remote Desktop Protocol. So is it possible to do it for VPS?

Thank You,
Mai

And this question:
How many RAM does x1 server have? It doesn't mention about RAM on Hosting24 sad

This is one of the actions you can receive a warning or even ban: double post (you have edit button).

I've found out the name of it, it called RDP. Remote Desktop Protocol. So is it possible to do it for VPS?

It is possible, but desktop environment take a lot of resources. Real men use SSH.

How many RAM does x1 server have? It doesn't mention about RAM on Hosting24

The RAM is mentioned, it's "Memory".

9 (edited by XP 2013-06-28 03:32:26)

cata wrote:

This is one of the actions you can receive a warning or even ban: double post (you have edit button).

I've found out the name of it, it called RDP. Remote Desktop Protocol. So is it possible to do it for VPS?

It is possible, but desktop environment take a lot of resources. Real men use SSH.

How many RAM does x1 server have? It doesn't mention about RAM on Hosting24

The RAM is mentioned, it's "Memory".

Hello,

Oh, please don't report. One time I create x1 VPS, I tried to use it as RDP, but then it was so confusing and I did not know what to do. So I deleted the VPS. Wasted me US$14. sad

Thanks,
Mai