Topic: Modification of procedures before account suspension.

Suggestion:

My sister-in-law's account has been suspended.  However, there were no warnings that she was violating the TOS.  The statement that came with the suspension notice states the following:

...Your account crossed this limit multiple times, and has grown above the limits of a shared hosting account....

I suggest that in future, if an account is in danger of consistently violating the TOS, a warning be sent to allow the account holder to attempt to rectify.  This seems fair, as in this case, no warning was given until the account was suspended.

Another suggestion would be to change the wording on the upgrade to a VPS from "recommended" to "required", as it is clear there is no choice but to upgrade.  "recommended" implies a choice, and you are not providing a choice to the account holder.

My sister-in-law is being forced to perform the upgrade in order to get her site back online.  Again, this was done without warning, so please modify your procedures to allow such warnings in the future.  And if there is no choice in the matter, please do not imply one with the word "recommended".

Thanks.

Re: Modification of procedures before account suspension.

By recommended -- we assume that the person will likely want to continue hosting their website. We do not necessarily imply that the person should upgrade to our VPS package. The person is free to move out with a backup and purchase shared hosting elsewhere, what we recommend though is getting a VPS package (either with us or any other hosting).

3 (edited by XP 2015-02-08 06:11:50)

Even if Hosting24 give you warnings, within the limit exceeding period, your website will still be down showing varies error messages.

Also, you can review the usages (esp. CPU & RAM usage) in the cPanel. You should get worried if they keeping going high (soon exceed).

PS: If more details are provided by you, I can suggest you another shared hosting service.

Arnold wrote:

The person is free to move out with a backup and purchase shared hosting elsewhere, what we recommend though is getting a VPS package (either with us or any other hosting).

But there was no choice to get the backup without upgrading to VPS right?

A backup is always provided upon client request.