Topic: Remove 600 hits limit

Hello,

Please remove 600 hits per 5 minutes limit, it's very troublesome when my website gets over 600 hits per 5 minutes. When I overloaded, my website stopped 5 minutes. Then later I overloaded again, stopped 5 minutes again. It keeping stopping and my visitors will soon gone.

Thanks,
Mai

2 (edited by cata 2013-05-28 16:52:22)

Re: Remove 600 hits limit

This is shared hosting server, so you share server resources with other users too. CPU limit is already very high, so it cannot be increased any more.

In this case, I recommend a VPS. You will be able to setup web server according to your needs and it will run a lot smoother.

cata wrote:

This is shared hosting server, so you share server resources with other users too. CPU limit is already very high, so it cannot be increased any more.

In this case, I recommend a VPS. You will be able to setup web server according to your needs and it will run a lot smoother.

Hello,

But why this limit only especially set for Hosting24? roll Bluehost, Hostigator, Infinite Host, Dream Host, Webster Networks and other hosting providers do not have the limit? hmm And why this limit have never been mentioned any where in this site that there is such limit?

No, my monthly bandwidth maximum may go up to 10k GB. So, I would have to pay a huge some of money monthly if I purchase VPS. sad

Regards,
Mai

4 (edited by cata 2013-05-29 14:35:59)

CPU must always be limited. All web hosting providers mentioned by you above limits CPU too.

As if no limit for CPU - all servers will go offline. Hosting24 choose CPU limit instead of service downtime.

CPU limit is the best way to avoid 1 website using all servers resources.

And why this limit have never been mentioned any where in this site that there is such limit?

Contact support/ask admin.

I would have to pay a huge some of money monthly if I purchase VPS.

Your website is not optimized or use heavy scripts (plugins/widgets) which are not suitable for shared hosting. Try to optimize your website.

cata wrote:

CPU must always be limited. All web hosting providers mentioned by you above limits CPU too.

As if no limit for CPU - all servers will go offline. Hosting24 choose CPU limit instead of service downtime.

CPU limit is the best way to avoid 1 website using all servers resources.

And why this limit have never been mentioned any where in this site that there is such limit?

Contact support/ask admin.

I would have to pay a huge some of money monthly if I purchase VPS.

Your website is not optimized or use heavy scripts (plugins/widgets) which are not suitable for shared hosting. Try to optimize your website.

Hi,

Thanks for the response + advise. smile

-Mai