Topic: What exactly is reseller hosting?

I would be thankful if you could give me more details what reseller hosting is all about.

Re: What exactly is reseller hosting?

I am newbie here, but from all the information I have it is designated for users who want to start their own hosting business. Hosting24 will provide all the control panels, billing software and design of webpage, so my only worry will be how to attract new users. But, once again, it is just my opinion, maybe someone more knowledgeable can provide more accurate answer.

Sorry for double posting, but I am not sure what should be billing plans for reseller's users? Can I make my own plans or hosting24 will set the prices? Also is there any commissions that I will have to pay for Hosting24 beside monthly fee?

Hosting24 allows to set your own hosting plans and prices, I'm their reseller for few months now and it's doing well smile There are no comissions.

mantgir, so basically you act as hosting24 and can also sell Silver/Gold packages, etc?

6 (edited by Jpeg 2013-02-08 01:50:40)

I'm assuming you can set it up in a way that there is no indication of any relation to hosting24 on your website - you would appear as an independent hosting company. Hosting24 offers WHM with cPanel for hosting account management, you can customize hosting packages for your clients etc. My only concern is the billing software. Is boxbilling PRO free of charge and easy to use/implement? Any other billing software available?

We offer boxbilling PRO for free for our clients.

You may use any other billing software as well (most of them are available in softaculous cpanel autoinstaller), but the licenses are not provided for free.

Reseller hosting is a form of web hosting wherein the account owner has the ability to use his or her allotted hard drive space and bandwidth to host websites on behalf of third parties. The reseller purchases the host's services wholesale and then sells them to customers, possibly for a profit. A certain portion of hard drive space and bandwidth is allocated to the reseller account. The reseller may rent a dedicated server from a hosting company, or resell shared hosting services. In the latter case, the reseller is simply given the permission to sell a certain amount of disk space and bandwidth to his own customers without renting a server from a web hosting company he signed for a reseller account with.