Topic: Unlimited disk space

You state that you offer unlimited disk space for silver and gold plans and I figured it'd be too good to be true. What's the real limit for disk space? Are databases and email accounts limited in size?

Re: Unlimited disk space

There are no space limits for files, databases or e-mails. You must only make sure that you do not host content that does not comply with our TOS.

Okay, how do you deal with ToS violating content? Is it deleted without notice or you disable the account or force the user to delete it? Is the user entitled for a refund after violating ToS?

It depends on the violation level. Two most common cases:

1. Copyrighted content, backups, archives, etc. - content is deleted without prior notice.
2. Phishing, hacking, scam content - account is suspended and user is informed about this. Account can be reactivated only with the user consent that the content is going to be removed after the account reactivation.

In most cases the TOS violation does not take away the refund privilege. Only if we notice that client is acting on purpose to the detriment of our system/servers, we may consider not providing any refund.

Arnold wrote:

It depends on the violation level. Two most common cases:

[...  backups, archives, etc .]

I don't understand exactly this rule, for example, at Softaculous we have scripts like AjaXplorer and ownCloud, working exactly like tolls to backup and save your data such as photos and documents. But you said that  use it for backup proposes is wrong.

It get complicated in my head. I hope you're talking about copyright materials only.

To explain it, You should not use the account for storing backups, archives etc. You can make the backups for any content You wish but if our automatic software detects backups during server maintenance, they may be removed.

Thanks Arnold, I was reading the terms of service and I find some interesting information.  For example, about the “Unlimited” Usage Policy, it says that if your account have more than 250.000 files, Hosting24 may disable it.  Also says that you won't be able to have automatic backups if your account is bigger than 2gb.

About those 250.000 files, do they have a time or size? For example, if I made my account today and already have this much, of course I am abusing the service, but and if I have my account for 3 years? 6 years? It would be normal to me to have more and more files. I have a News website hosted here, and I believe it will have a lot of files in some years, what's gonna happens when I reach this limit?

Usually content like news goes as DB records. To get 250 000 files, you'll have to make more than 100 files every day within 6 years, doesn't looks realistic.

Dima wrote:

Usually content like news goes as DB records. To get 250 000 files, you'll have to make more than 100 files every day within 6 years, doesn't looks realistic.

I know, it were only a example. But it is possible, in years of use (and I plan to), this could happen. My question is about what would happen with a old costumer who reach this much after years of use.

To not exceed 250000 files, we recommend performing backups and save the backed up content on some external storage.

Arnold wrote:

To not exceed 250000 files, we recommend performing backups and save the backed up content on some external storage.

Thanks Arnold.

Also don't forget the 600 hits per 5 minutes. It doesn't metioned in Terms of Services or Privacy Policy. So I reminding you. wink

If you exceeded, your site overload 5 minutes.

@maivutan

Hosting24 does use a fair usage policy which applies to all accounts. Hosting24 Fair Usage Policy implies that if the client uses the resources of the shared server to the extent where he is negatively affecting other users hosted on the same server, the resources may be capped or in some cases, but not necessarily, respectable account may be disabled before client upgrades his account to a package more suitable for his needs or fixes the issues so the resource usage on his account stops to negatively affect other users on the same shared server.

Even if I use CloudFlare?

It depends on how much active cloudflare is when making requests for checking the cache status.

I assume then that it is not possible to utilize your space for storage, even temporarily, in the event someone needs to revamp a system with large amounts of data?

Yes, it is not recommended to do so.

Dima wrote:

Well I had planned to use this service as a hosted database for a server I host. Its a small community with LOTS of activity. I saw this and laughed out loud. 6 years? Really!?

In one day with my current host my community of of about 50 people sharing files generated about 4 times that much, its in the millions. All files are under a meg usually but total around 11 gig of disk space (former host had a limit of 10gb) so in a 24 hour period my server database exceeds this by 4 times and your backup limit by 6 times. I only imagine what i'd generate in 6 years lol

If your server cannot meet my needs do you have a suggestion for something that will and not cost an arm and a leg

deathwhitch wrote:
Dima wrote:

Well I had planned to use this service as a hosted database for a server I host. Its a small community with LOTS of activity. I saw this and laughed out loud. 6 years? Really!?

In one day with my current host my community of of about 50 people sharing files generated about 4 times that much, its in the millions. All files are under a meg usually but total around 11 gig of disk space (former host had a limit of 10gb) so in a 24 hour period my server database exceeds this by 4 times and your backup limit by 6 times. I only imagine what i'd generate in 6 years lol

If your server cannot meet my needs do you have a suggestion for something that will and not cost an arm and a leg

Your users could use online file sharing services instead, that way you would not have to generate that much files on the server and avoid the 250000 file limit.

I assume then that it is not possible to utilize your space for storage, even temporarily, in the event someone needs to revamp a system with large amounts of data?

Unfortunately shared hosting packages cannot be used like a storage smile

22 (edited by jackodingo 2017-11-01 16:32:10)

i have a website https://www.softnetsolutions.co.ke/ its using a lot of bandwidth, can i move to VPS

Choose reseller business hosting pkg use coupon MALIK get 40% discount  because if you need more you can paid more get more like that stuff according to Wikipedia