1 (edited by Johnnie F. 2014-02-06 02:08:50)

Topic: Multiple domains supported on one account?

With ICANN putting a huge number of new gTLDs on the web this year I do consider spreading out my sites over several hosts, so not all of them are down, when a host has problems.

Therefore my question about support of multiple domains. If yes, how are they switched? Can I enter new domains (hosted at another domain host) myself and directly into the Control Panel, or do I have to rely on some employee to do so?

Re: Multiple domains supported on one account?

You can host multiple domains either on one cPanel with Gold package or with multiple cPanels (one account for 1+ domain).

If the question was about something else, please clarify.

I think he ask if it is possible to host his websites on different servers.

eg: site1.com on serverA
      site2.com on serverB
      site3.com on serverC

So in case of 1 server failure only 1 of his websites will be affected and that is much easier to handle. Unfortunately, it is not possible, but I can assure you that such events are extremely rare and usually gets fixed in less than 1 hour.

The title and the body of the contents are quite misleading...

Actually it's possible if you use a DNS forwarding service (costs money). An example is CloudFlare, but unfortunately, CloudFlare doesn't support them.

It's not a good idea to use that method to let your website online if your website is dynamic because different servers may have different data.

e.g.

site1.com on Server A went down and was redirected to site2.com on Server B.

User logged in to his account under Server B and did modification to his account.

When Server A ups, it was redirected back to Server A and the modifications are "reset" because they're saved on Server B.

Did You Guys talking about Virtual Hosting???

XP wrote:

The title and the body of the contents are quite misleading...

Actually it's possible if you use a DNS forwarding service (costs money). An example is CloudFlare, but unfortunately, CloudFlare doesn't support them.

It's not a good idea to use that method to let your website online if your website is dynamic because different servers may have different data.

e.g.

site1.com on Server A went down and was redirected to site2.com on Server B.

User logged in to his account under Server B and did modification to his account.

When Server A ups, it was redirected back to Server A and the modifications are "reset" because they're saved on Server B.

Hope OP ask us, can i host  my another domain which was hosted on another hosting on my cpanel(hosting 24 account) like virtual hosting.

advent_geek wrote:

Hope OP ask us, can i host  my another domain which was hosted on another hosting on my cpanel(hosting 24 account) like virtual hosting.

I've some questions before I can answer your question.

1. Who's OP?

2. What do you mean by, "on another hosting on my cpanel(hosting 24 account)"?