1 (edited by Muzz 2014-02-02 15:31:54)

Topic: What's going on with Hosting24?

I've been an on/off customer with you since 2009, and I've always said that I would never host a website anywhere else. I used to enjoy receiving quick 'personal' support, and by personal I mean, the person offering the support treated me with priority, respect and always had my best interests at heart.

Since I started my new website in December 2013, I can't help but notice that the support isn't what it used to be. Whenever I use the live chat, which is now incredibly slow to respond, I am not getting the same personal feel that I used to get. Instead I get someone who gives me the impression that they don't give a toss about my issue/problem, and just wants to deal with me as quickly as possible. The answers are always extremely vague and inaccurate to the questions. The help desk is the same, and is becoming increasingly less than helpful.

I usually hear the same generic response.. A vague answer, followed by "It has been my pleasure to assist you today and I will be glad to help you with any further questions".... What's that all about? I can instantly tell that the person assisting me hasn't typed that. It's just robotic speech. It hasn't been their pleasure to assist me today and they gladly won't help me with any further questions. It's almost politely telling me to f*** off. If the person assisting me lived up to that statement, and did offer me top quality support then it would be a different story.

What has really angered me, is the fact that I purchased a VPS as an upgrade from shared hosting - but nowhere through the process was I told that they are unmanaged and I'll have to receive all my support by googling my answers. Forgive me please, but not everyone is a technical whiz kid, and not everyone knows how to solve issues that occur with their server, which is why I would have hoped I can rely on the company I purchased it from to give me some support. I'm now met with ANOTHER robotic generic answer:

"As much as we would love to assist you further with your issue, you must understand that you have an unmanaged VPS with us, so this type of request is beyond our scope of technical support we provide. Unmanaged VPS essentially means that administration, configuration and troubleshooting services are not performed by our staff. The only issues handled on unmanaged VPS are hardware and network problems (issues out of your control)."

I would like to know why this has changed, and I don't want some robotic lawyer type answer - as I'm a paying customer, investing my money in to your services so I expect an honest explanation.

Why am I receiving poor support, despite having done business with you for 5 years. I feel extremely let down and annoyed that I am forced to find solutions to my problems elsewhere.

Re: What's going on with Hosting24?

Most tickets get prerecorded answers. Imagine that technical support is asked to explain how to transfer a website from current provider to Hosting24 hosting. Rather than typing in all the details for each client, the support representative chooses the response from a drop down menu and it gets inserted into the response.

However, in some cases, these responses don't really resolve the customer's problem.

About VPS, managed servers are very expensive because require on-staff trained systems administrator provides this service for you. VPS x1 plan from Hosting24 cost between $50-$60/month at managed VPS providers.

3 (edited by Muzz 2014-02-02 16:53:59)

cata wrote:

Most tickets get prerecorded answers. Imagine that technical support is asked to explain how to transfer a website from current provider to Hosting24 hosting. Rather than typing in all the details for each client, the support representative chooses the response from a drop down menu and it gets inserted into the response.

However, in some cases, these responses don't really resolve the customer's problem.

About VPS, managed servers are very expensive because require on-staff trained systems administrator provides this service for you. VPS x1 plan from Hosting24 cost between $50-$60/month at managed VPS providers.

Precisely my frustration with them at the moment. If I wanted to get a prerecorded answer, I'd chose a free web host rather than a paying service. When I pay for a service, I expect accurate support and not generic answers.

Is it really that difficult take a couple of extra minutes to put the customer first and assist him/her with accurately dealing with the problem? I'm sure it's far easier than simply selecting a "prerecorded answer" that doesn't solve the problem, then getting a back log of replies because the customer had no idea what the support assistant was talking about.

I quote:

"Fantastic user support 24/7

Highly trained and friendly staff are ready to assist you at any time. Moreover, you can always request your issue to be forwarded to the company CEO and get VIP support."

Sending prerecorded answers simply to process a ticket as quickly as possible isn't really "fantastic user support" is it? As per my original post, the staff now compared to when I first started doing business with them, seem far from friendly.

I can respect the fact that managed VPS's may cost more - but I was not notified of this during purchase.

Every word from that quote is true and it's really fantastic from my point of view (except exaggerating prerecorded answers).

As mentioned above, you can always request your issue to be forwarded to the company CEO and get VIP support.

Could you possibly give us any concrete details (exact day and your name on the chat) so that we could review our staff work ethics?

Also you get the impression that you are bothering someone on the live chat - There has been times where questions have been asked and although it says at the bottom of the screen "Advisor is typing" (no names) it has taken almost 30 minutes before a reply is received at times its got to the point where you just give up waiting close it down and open the Live Chat again

There just doesnt seem to be any dedication at all from the support team and answers to questions are not justified with reasons just plain "No".

Although the Hosting services provided are satisfactory the staff really need some people skills and to learn some Customer Service skills.

We are aware of the "timing out" issues -- the chat software sometimes freezes and we are not getting any reply from the client. You can always post Your full name and the date of the chat and we will surely review the chat here.